King of the Mountain Event Rules
- We are inviting you and your known car. If you plan to bring a different car, please let us know beforehand so we can approve.
- This event is two days of autocross and car fun with car friends. There just happens to be a payout and an awesome shootout at the end. Remember to have fun.
- 2021 Update: 2900 lbs vehicle weight AFTER RACE, with driver. Track scales are the only official scales – no exceptions. Cars must weigh in before the event and may be randomly weighed during qualifying. Please make sure your car, with you in it and empty of fuel, weighs at least 2900 lbs.
- Spirit of the rules should be followed with regards to these being street cars. Please retain fenders, windshields, etc. Interiors may be sparse. Lexan permitted.
- Working headlights required.
- Any fuel, aero or power adders permitted.
- If you are unsure if your car is legal, please contact us for approval.
- 2 second default cone penalty.
- Please do not approach the timing trailer. The timing team receives information from the track workers. Contact the pit steward with any competition questions.
- In all cases the UMI race director’s decision is final.
- 200TW as per SCCA® National Solo® Rules 2020 Sec 13.3 or with 2021 updates.
- Fender cutting, flaring and non-standard wheel sizes are allowed.
- Tires are permitted to be changed at any time. Multiple sets permitted.
- No active, powered tire warmers.
- 2021 Update : The Kumho ECSTA V720 ACR is no longer permitted.
- Helmets required as per SCCA 4.3.1 anytime a car is on track.
- Snell ratings: SA2015, SAH2015, SA2010, SAH2010, SA2005, M2015, M2010, M2005
- SFI ratings 31.1, 31.1A, 3.12, 31.2A, 31.1 2005, 41.1, 41.1A, 41.2, 41.2A, 41.2 2005, 24.1
- FIA Ratings: 8860-2010, 8860-2015
- ECE R22.05
- BS6658-85 Type A/FR, BS6658-85 Type A
- Five point harness and racing seats recommended.
- On board fire extinguisher recommended.
- Typical autocross safety rules should be followed such as secure lug nuts, secure battery, no loose objects in the driver’s compartment.
UMI management reserves the right to adjust classing at any time up until the start of the event